Steiner 4961 Commander Global 7x50
Commander Global 7x50
It’s not just wet. It’s a whole different world. Fogbound mornings, afternoons of glaring sun and salt spray, nights like floating on ink. Always in motion, temperatures all over the board, distances that challenge land-bound perceptions. Steiner marine optics were built for this: waterproof, corrosion-proof, always crystal-clear, with special coatings, construction and capabilities specifically created for a water-borne life. Enjoy.
The Commander Global binocular upgrades marine-standard 7x magnification and 50mm objectives with Diamond Marine™ lens coating and high definition optics for astounding clarity, plus an integrated digital compass with electronic magnetic field measurement for precise readings anywhere in the world. Intuitive to use, easy to read, with a distance-to-object reticle, the Commander Global is the most capable binocular on the water.
The pinnacle of craftsmanship and the ultimate binocular/digital compass combination for confident navigation of high seas around the world.
Rubber Armoring - All STEINER binoculars come standard with rhino tough rubber armor. Not only does this protect the binoculars from shock and damage, but it is also soft and comfortable in your hands. Premium models, like this Commander C Model features STEINER’s innovative NBR Longlife Armor formula, initially developed for increased durability under extreme conditions at sea and military applications. Clean all rubber armor only with damp cloth.
- Magnification 7x
- Weight 40.5 oz
- Width 8.3"
- Height 6.1"
- Item no. 4961
The ability to see what others don’t. That’s what Steiner brings to your side: razor-edge image clarity, optimum depth And color, superior ability to probe, plan and engage with force-multiplying stealth, surprise and impact. After 67 years of deployment and constant improvement, no optic serves your mission and your troops better.
* Digital Worldwide Compass...shows precise, easy-to-read bearings superimposed on the edge of the viewing image, plus a reticle for calculating distance to an object. Smart-Illumination display automatically adjusts to ambient light from day mode to night mode.
* Memory Diopter...provides handy mechanism to store and indicate your personal Diopter setting.
* Sports-Auto Focus™ System...lets you focus each eyepiece to your vision once, then keeps images razor sharp from 20 yards to infinity. No more chasing focus on moving objects.
* 7x Magnification...is the marine standard, with a wide, stable image for tracking other boats, buoys and bridge numbers even in rough water.
* Steiner Nano-Protection®...hydrophobic molecular coating creates a lens surface so smooth water sheets off and dirt, dust, snow and fingerprints are repelled for easy cleaning and a clear view.
* Makrolon® Housing...is durable polycarbonate with NBR Long Life rubber armoring, creating a lightweight, rugged chassis that withstands 11 Gs of impact. Impervious to harsh conditions for generations of trusted use.
* N2 Injection™ System...seals 14-psi pressurized dry nitrogen into the optic, for fogproof clarity in any condition - from artic cold to desert heat.
* Diamond Marine™ Lens Coating...96% light transmission due to Steiner's unique maritime lens coating formula that reduces glare, increases clarity and maximizes optimal viewing in hazy light or after dark.
* Floating Neckstrap... is comfortably padded and bright yellow. It features 3M reflective trim making it highly visible keeping your Commander afloat and easy to spot in case of accidental spills.
* ClicLoc® System... attaches and releases neck strap or harness instantly with push button ease and designed so binoculars hang straight and action-ready.
* Optimized Exterior Design... with larger positive grip
* Waterproof / Fogproof / Shockproof... durable construction you can trust to stand up to any cold or wet conditions...Waterproof to depths of 33 feet...and rugged enough to withstand impact testing to 900 G's on all optical & electronic components.
Focus System: Sports-Auto-Focus™
Optics Systems: High Definition Diamond
Close Focus: 66
Exit Pupil: 7.1 mm
Twilight Factor: 18.7
Compass: Worldwide Digital
Rubber Armoring: NBR Long Life
Waterproof: Submersion to 33 ft.
Weight: 40.5 oz.
Dimension (HxWxL): 6.1 x 8.3 x 3.9
Neck Strap: Floating Strap
Neck Strap Attachment: ClicoLoc®
Warranty: Heritage Warranty
Objective Cover Included: Yes
Rain Protection Cap: Yes
Carry Case: Yes
Click images below to View Video