Steiner 2046 Predator AF 10x42 Hunting Binocular
"Always Focused" Binoculars
German-engineered So Nothing Escapes You No Matter Where In The World You Are
Steiner binoculars utilize the latest in German optics technology to deliver the finest binocular lines in the world for hunters, law enforcement and military personnel, and adventure-seekers on land and sea.
Compare our prices against the so called "Big Boys" and see for yourself that we are much lower, plus we offer Free S&H. If you find a lower price, please give us a chance to meet or beat that price. Our customer service is second to none. We answer our phones and email to answer your questions and we provide you with 100% satisfaction, before, during, and after the sale.
Once you’re after that trophy, nothing can hold you back. So in addition to providing the deadliest image you can get, Steiner optics survive the worst conditions you can face. Low light or heavy glare, high water to deep cold, rock slams and grit storms, no matter. The view is always crystal clear and dead certain. Even after countless monster-obsessed pursuits, Steiner optics are eager for more and ready to go. Not unlike yourself.From close up to far away, this mid-size binocular delivers bright, crisp images without added bulk or weight.New Frame Design - Makes the Predator AF Binoculars easier to grip, more comfortable for extended scouting
- Bright Crisp Images - Are the result of new lens coatings that increase light transmission across the spectrum
- Lightweight Roof Prism Design - has less bulk to fit in your pack and stay out of the way while hunting
- Fast-Close-Focus™ - central focusing wheel requires minimal rotation for quick, absolute sharpness from close up to infinity.
- Makrolon® - housing is durable Polycarbonate with NBR Long Life rubber armoring, creating a lightweight, rugged chassis that withstands 11 Gs of impact. Impervious to harsh conditions for generations of trusted use.
- N2 injection™ - system seals 14-psi pressurized dry nitrogen into the optic, for fog-proof clarity in any condition - from arctic cold to desert heat.
- ClicLoc® -system attaches and releases neck strap or harness instantly with push button ease and designed so binoculars hang straight and action-ready
new Predator AF keeps prey in focus at any speed, any distance. Advanced CAT™
lenses reveal game hidden in cover or shadow. Bright 3D depth and detail
enhance your target in all conditions. 8x30 or 10x42 power. Bombproof Makrolon®
body. Agile open-bridge design. Waterproof, Fogproof, razor-sharp scouting
- Rugged Makrolon® Housing
- Always focused - any distance, any speed, anywhere
- Wheel-free open bridge design
- CAT™ game-sensing lens coatings
- Military-Grade Porro prism tough
- Ergonomic silicone eye cups
- Laser-Textured all-conditions grip
CAT™ Color Adjusted Transmission - amplifies contrast in the peak human vision sensitivity range, to spot game in any environment.
Optimized Light Transmission - with latest generation advances in low light performance and brighter images and up to 3-4% better light transmission.Built for hunters who need to move fast without being weighed down, the Steiner Optics 10x42 Predator Auto-Focus Binocular features compact objectives, their Sports Auto-Focusing System, and their proprietary high-contrast CAT (Color-Adjusted Transmission) lens coatings to help you find and pick out game that are hidden in dense foliage or shade. The Predator utilizes a traditional Porro Prism light path that not only yields a richer depth of field versus similar roof prisms, but naturally makes the housing comfortable and balanced in the hand.
The intense view and improved contrast from the prism and lens coatings work hand in hand with Steiner's Sports Auto-Focusing System, which lets you focus each eyepiece just one time, eliminating the need to refocus again regardless of how near or far away the subject is—or if it is moving. This individual focusing system eliminates the need for a center bridge, which would support the conventional center focusing mechanism. Therefore an open-bridge/dual-hinge configuration not only reduces the weight of the binocular but imparts a greater surface area to grip, making it stable, secure and easier to hold.
The housing is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon Polycarbonate material that is encased in an oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. Its optical tubes are O-ring sealed for an IPX4-rating to be weather resistant against rain and snow, so your day isn't over if the weather takes a turn.
· High 10x power allows detailed observations of distant subject
· 42mm Objective Lenses increases Low-Light Capabilities without adding weight; keeping the overall form factor small which helps make carrying and using the binocular for long periods comfortable
· Traditional Porro Prism optical path affords a richer depth of field versus similar roof prisms
· High-contrast CAT (Color-Adjusted Transmission) lens coatings greatly improve contrast and color rendition to more easily pick out game hiding in dense foliage and shade
· 381' FOV @ 1000 yards
· Durable Rubber Eyecups that fold down for comfortable use with or without Eyewear
· Generous 16.2mm Eye relief reduces eyestrain
· Wide 73° apparent angle of view helps to produce an immersive experience while minimizing the distracting hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics
· 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils in lower light conditionsSports Auto-Focusing System:
· Individual eyepiece focusing
· Requires only 1 initial individual focus adjustment per user
· Eliminates the need for refocusing for targets at ranges from 10 feet to infinity
· Tracks fast targets without the need to refocus
Design & Construction
· Open-bridge/dual-hinge design reduces weight while providing more surface area for a more secure grip
· Lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis remains a comfortable temperature regardless of air temperature and resists expansion/contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optics to move out of alignment over time
· IPX4-rated to be weather resistant against rain and snow
· Oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
· Winged Angled Eyecups block stray peripheral light from interfering with views while improving contrast and limiting distractions
· Weighs in at only 30 oz